Enter the total number of seconds it takes to fill a 1-gallon container into the calculator to determine the gallons per minute.
- Water Flow Rate Calculator
- CV Flow Calculator
- WHP (Water Horsepower) Calculator
- LB/Hr to GPM Calculator
- GPM ↔ PSI Calculator
- CFS to GPM Calculator
- GPM to Pipe Size Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate gallons per minute.
GPM = 60 / X
- Where GPM is the gallons per minute
- X is the number of seconds it takes to fill one gallon
To calculate gallons per minute, simply divide 60 by the number of seconds it takes to fill one gallon.
GPM is defined as the rate of flow of water in gallons per minute.
How to calculate GPM?
- First, gather a 1 gallon bucket.
Place the gallon bucket under the water flow.
- Next, measure the time it takes to fill.
Using a stop watch, measure the time it takes to fill the bucket.
- Finally, calculate GPM.
Calculate the GPM using the formula above and the seconds from step 2.
GPM stands for gallons per minute and is a measure of the volumetric flow rate of a liquid, most often water.