Enter the total number of seconds it takes to fill a 1-gallon container into the calculator to determine the gallons per minute.
- Volumetric Flow Rate Calculator
- Mass Flow Rate Calculator
- Water Flow Rate Calculator
- CV Flow Calculator
- Detention Time Calculator
- WHP (Water Horsepower) Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate gallons per minute.
GPM = 60 / X
- Where GPM is the gallons per minute
- X is the number of seconds it takes to fill one gallon
GPM is defined as the rate of flow of water in gallons per minute.
How to calculate GPM?
- First, gather a 1 gallon bucket.
Place the gallon bucket under the water flow.
- Next, measure the time it takes to fill.
Using a stop watch, measure the time it takes to fill the bucket.
- Finally, calculate GPM.
Calculate the GPM using the formula above and the seconds from step 2.
GPM stands for gallons per minute and is a measure of the volumetric flow rate of a liquid, most often water.