Enter the weight of the ham and select the portion of ham being cooked to determine the ham cook time.
- Turkey Calculator (Cook Time/Defrost Time/+ More)
- Meat Per Person Calculator
- Turkey Defrost Time Calculator
Ham Cook Time Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a ham cook time.
T = W * 19
- Where T is the cooking time in minutes at 325F.
- W is the weight of the ham (lbs)
To calculate the ham cook time, multiply the weight of the ham by 19.
How long should I cook a ham?
The following are the recommendation on how long to cook a ham.
Whole Ham: 18 – 20 mins per pound
Half Ham: 20 minutes per pound
Shank/Butt : 35 minutes per pound
These times assume a cooking temperature of 325F in the over. You can also cook ham on the stove when cut into little pieces.
Ham should be cooked at 325F for 18-20 minutes per pound of ham.