Enter the health, education and income indexes into the calculator to determine the HDI.
The following formula is used to calculate the HDI.
HDI = (Ih * Ie * Ii )1/3
- Where HDI is the human development index
- Ih is the health index
- Ie is the education index
- Ii is the income index
More about calculating the values of these indices can be found here.
HDI is stands for the human development index. It’s a measure used to rank the human development of given countries. In other words, this can be used to distinguish between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd world contries.
How to calculate HDI?
- First, determine the health index.
Calculate the health index.
- Next, determine the education index.
Calculate the education index.
- Next, determine the income index.
Calculate the income index.
- Finally, calculate the HDI.
Calculate the human development index using the formula above.
HDI is a measure of the current development level of a country.