Enter the total miles flown and the total fuel used (gallons) into the Helicopter Fuel Consumption Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Helicopter Fuel Consumption.
- Boat Fuel Consumption Calculator
- BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption) Calculator
- Aviation Fuel Weight Calculator
- Idling Fuel Consumption Calculator
Helicopter Fuel Consumption Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Helicopter Fuel Consumption.
HFC = MF / FU
- HFC is the Helicopter Fuel Consumption (miles per gallon)
- MF is the total miles flown
- FU is the total fuel used (gallons)
How to Calculate Helicopter Fuel Consumption?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Helicopter Fuel Consumption.
- First, determine the total miles flown.
- Next, determine the total fuel used (gallons).
- Next, gather the formula from above = HFC = MF / FU.
- Finally, calculate the Helicopter Fuel Consumption.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total miles flown = 500
total fuel used (gallons) = 100
HFC = MF / FU = ?