Enter the hole volume (ft^3) and the hole depth (ft) into the Hole Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Hole Area.
Hole Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Hole Area.
HA = V / D
- Where HA is the Hole Area (ft^2)
- V is the hole volume (ft^3)
- D is the hole depth (ft)
To calculate the hole area, divide the hole volume by the hole depth.
How to Calculate Hole Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Hole Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the hole volume (ft^3).
- The hole volume (ft^3) is given as: 300.
- Next, determine the hole depth (ft).
- The hole depth (ft) is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Hole Area using the equation above:
HA = V / D
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
HA = 300 / 10 = 30 (ft^2)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
hole volume (ft^3) = 600
hole depth (ft) = 10
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
HA = V / D = ?