Enter the hole radius (ft) and the hole depth (ft) into the Hole Volume Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Hole Volume.
Hole Volume Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Hole Volume.
HV = π*HR^2*HD
- Where HV is the Hole Volume (ft^3)
- HR is the hole radius (ft)
- HD is the hole depth (ft)
To calculate a hole volume, square the hole radius, multiply by PI, then finally multiply by the hole depth.
How to Calculate Hole Volume?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Hole Volume.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the hole radius (ft).
- The hole radius (ft) is given as: 4.
- Next, determine the hole depth (ft).
- The hole depth (ft) is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Hole Volume using the equation above:
HV = 3.14159*HR^2*HD
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
HV = 3.14159*4^2*10 = 502.65 (ft^3)
Example Problem #2:
The variables needed for this problem are provided below:
hole radius (ft) = 5
hole depth (ft) = 6
Entering these values and solving gives:
HV = 3.14159*5^2*6 = 471.238 (ft^3)