Enter the average load and the maximum load of a system into the calculator to determine the load factor.
Load Factor Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an electrical load factor.
LF = AL / ML *100
- Where LF is the load factor (%)
- AL is the average load (KWH)
- ML is the maximum or peak load (KWH)
Load Factor Definition
A load factor is defined as the percentage or ratio of the average load of an electrical system and the maximum or peak load of that same system over a given time period. The higher the load factor, the less likely a system is able to handle a sudden spike in power consumption.
Load Factor Example
How to calculate a load factor?
- 1.First, determine the average load. Calculate the average load for the time period.
- 2.Next, determine the maximum load. Calculate the peak load during the same time period.
- 3.Finally, calculate the load factor. Calculate the load factor using the formula above.
What is a load factor?
A load factor is a ratio of average load to the peak load of an electrical system. Add question