Select the number of phases and enter the transformer rating, primary voltage, and secondary voltage. The calculator will evaluate and display the primary and secondary full-load current along with the turns ratio.
The following formulas are used to calculate the primary and secondary full-load currents.
Single phase full load = tr * 1000 / v
three phase full load = tr * 1000/ (1.73 * V)
- Where tr is the transformer rating
- v is the voltage (either primary or secondary)
The following formula is used to calculate the transformer turns ratio.
Turns Ratio = I2/I1
- Where I1 is the primary current
- I2 is the secondary current
A transformer is a static electrical machine that transfers AC electrical current between two more more circuits.
How to calculate turns ratio?
- First, determine the value of the primary current.
Measure the primary current.
- Next, determine the value of the secondary current.
Measure the secondary current.
- Finally, calculate the turns ratio.
Calculate the turns ratio using the formula above.
A turns ratio is a ratio of the primary current to the secondary current of a transformer.