Enter the total lumens (L) into the Nits from Lumens Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Nits from Lumens.
Nits from Lumens Formula
N = L / 3.426
- N is the Nits from Lumens (nits)
- L is the total lumens (L)
To calculate nits from lumens, simply divide the total lumens by 3.426.
How to Calculate Nits from Lumens?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Nits from Lumens.
- First, determine the total lumens (L).
- Next, gather the formula from above = N = L / 3.426.
- Finally, calculate the Nits from Lumens.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total lumens (L) = 457
N = L / 3.426 = ?