Enter the SSR and the degrees of freedom into the MSR Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the MSR.
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the MSR.
MSR = SSR / DOF
- MSR is the MSR ( )
- SSR is the SSR
- DOG is the degrees of freedom
To calculate the mean square of regression, divide the SSR by the degrees of freedom.
How to Calculate MSR?
The following steps outline how to calculate the MSR.
- First, determine the SSR.
- Next, determine the degrees of freedom.
- Next, gather the formula from above = MSR = SSR / DOF.
- Finally, calculate the MSR.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
SSR = 30
degrees of freedom = 1.6
MSR = SSR / DOF = ?