Enter the current period’s closings price and the previous periods closing price into the calculator to determine the net change of an asset.
- Net Asset Value Calculator
- Cash Flow to Stockholders Calculator
- Stock Calculator (Profit Calculator)
- Change in Net Working Capital Calculator
Net Change Formula
The following equation can be used to calculate the net change of an asset or equity.
NC = CP – PP
- Where NC is the net change
- CP is the current periods closing price
- PP is the previous periods closing price
To calculate the net change as a percent, use the following formula.
NC (%) = (CP – PP) / PP * 100
Net Change Definition
A net change is defined as the absolute change in the value of an investment or asset.
Net Change Example
How to calculate a net change?
- First, determine the current price.
Calculate the current period’s closing price of the asset.
- Next, determine the previous price.
Calculate the previous period’s closing price of the asset.
- Finally, calculate the net change.
Calculate the net change using the formula above.
A net change is an absolute change in the value of an asset. It’s determined using the current closing price, and the closing price at an arbitrary time period of your choosing.