Enter the current periods closings price and the previous periods closing price into the calculator to determine the net change of an asset.
- Net Asset Value Calculator
- Cash Flow to Stockholders Calculator
- Stock Calculator (Profit Calculator)
- Change in Net Working Capital Calculator
Net Change Formula
The following equation can be used to calculate the net change of an asset or equity.
NC = CP – PP
- Where NC is the net change
- CP is the current periods closing price
- PP is the previous periods closing price
To calculate the net change as a percent, use the following formula.
NC (%) = (CP – PP) / PP * 100
Net Change Definition
A net change is defined as the absolute change in value of an investment or asset.
Net Change Example
How to calculate a net change?
- First, determine the current price.
Calculate the current periods closing price of the asset.
- Next, determine the previous price.
Calculate the previous periods closing price of the asset.
- Finally, calculate the net change.
Calculate the net change using the formula above.
A net change is the absolute change in value of an asset. It’s determined using the current closing price, and the closing price at an arbitrary time period of your choosing.