Enter the maximum value and the step value into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Percent Overshoot.
Percent Overshoot Formula
PO = (MV - SV) / SV *100
- PO is the Percent Overshoot (%)
- MV is the maximum value
- SV is the step value
To calculate Percent Overshoot, subtract the step value from the maximum value, then divide by the step value, and finally multiply by 100.
How to Calculate Percent Overshoot?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Percent Overshoot.
- First, determine the maximum value.
- Next, determine the step value.
- Next, gather the formula from above = PO = (MV – SV) / SV *100.
- Finally, calculate the Percent Overshoot.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
maximum value = 40
step value = 20