Enter the nip width ratio into the Nip Load Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Nip Load.
Nip Load Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Nip Load.
NL = NW^2
- NL is the Nip Load ( )
- NW is the nip width ratio
How to Calculate Nip Load?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Nip Load.
- First, determine the nip width ratio.
- Next, gather the formula from above = NL = NW^2.
- Finally, calculate the Nip Load.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
nip width ratio = 2
NL = NW^2 = ?