Enter the present value of annuity, the interest rate,and the number of periods into the calculator to determine the ordinary annuity.
Ordinary Annuity Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an ordinary annuity
OA = r * [ (PVA/ (1-(1+r)^-n) ]
- Where OA is the ordinary annuity
- r is the interest rate
- PVA is the present value of the annuity
- n is the number of periods
Ordinary Annuity Definition
An ordinary annuity is defined as the total amount of an annuity based on the value, interest rate, and number of periods.
Ordinary Annuity Example
How to calculate ordinary annuity?
- First, determine the present value.
Calculate the present value of the annuity.
- Next, determine the interest rate.
Calculate the interest rate.
- Next, determine the number of periods.
This will be the number of periods the interest is applied over.
- Finally, calculate the ordinary annuity.
Using the formula, calculate the ordinary annuity.
An ordinary annuity is the total amount of an annuity based on the present value, interest rate, and the number of periods.