Enter the total amount of rentable square footage of a building and the total number of parking spots into the calculator to determine the parking ratio.
- Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Income Rent Ratio Calculator
- Rent To Value Calculator
- Commercial Lease Calculator
Parking Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a parking ratio.
PR = RSQF / #PS
- Where PR is the parking ratio
- RSQF is the rentable square footage of the building
- #PS is the total number of parking spots
Parking Ratio Definition
What is a parking ratio? A parking ratio is defined as the total ratio of the rentable square footage of a building to the total number of parking spots of that building. Typically this ratio is reduced to parking spots per 1,000 square feet. For example, a ratio of 10,000/1 would be reduced to a ratio of 10:1.
How to calculate a parking ratio?
- First, determine the total rentable square footage.
For this example, our 10 story building has a total rentable square footage of 20,000 square feet.
- Next, determine the number of parking spots.
In this same building, there are 10 parking spots.
- Finally, calculate the park ratio.
Using the formula above, the parking ratio is found to be 200:1.
About Parking Ratio
How to determine the parking ratio? Determining a parking ratio is as simple as using the formula PR = RSQF / #PS. To reduce this further some people like to express the ratio as per 200 or 1000 square feed.