Enter the measured value and the true value into the calculator to determine the percent deviation.
- Percent Error Calculator
- Percentage Difference Calculator
- Relative Error Calculator
- Relative Standard Deviation Calculator
Percent Deviation Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a percent deviation.
D =( Xm – Xt ) / Xt * 100
- Where D is the percent deviation (%)
- Xm is the measured value
- Xt is the true value
Percent Deviation Definition
A percent deviation is defined as the percentage difference between a measure value and a true value.
Percent Deviation Example
How to calculate percent deviation?
- First, determine the measured value.
Take the measured value measurement.
- Next, determine the true value.
Calculate the theoretical true value.
- Finally, calculate the percent deviation.
Calculate the percent deviation using the formula above.
A percent deviation is the variance of a given value from a known true value presented as a ratio of the percentage of the true value.