Enter two different values into the calculator to determine the percentage difference.
- Average of Percentages Calculator
- Reverse Percentage Calculator
- Percent Deviation Calculator
- RPD (Relative Percent Difference) Calculator
- Percentage Variation Calculator
Percentage Difference Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the percentage difference between the two values.
%D = | X – Y | / [(X+Y)/2]
- Where %D is the percentage difference
- X is one of the values
- Y is the other numerical value
Percentage Difference Definition
A percentage difference is the ratio of the difference between two numbers to the average of those two numbers.
Percentage Difference Example
How to calculate percentage difference?
- First, determine your values X and Y.
Determine the two values you wish to calculate the percentage difference of.
- Next, calculate the average.
Calculate the average of the two values.
- Finally, calculate the percentage difference.
Divide the absolute value of X-Y by the average calculated in step 2 and multiply the result by 100. This will yield the percentage difference.
A percentage difference is considered the ratio of the absolute value of the difference between values divided by the average of the values and presented as a percent.