Enter the average song length (min) and the number of songs into the Playlist Length Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Playlist Length.
Playlist Length Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Playlist Length.
PL = SL * S
- Where PL is the Playlist Length (minutes)
- SL is the average song length (min)
- S is the number of songs
To calculate a playlist length, multiply the average song length by the number of songs.
How to Calculate Playlist Length?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Playlist Length.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the average song length (min).
- The average song length (min) is given as: 3.5.
- Next, determine the number of songs.
- The number of songs is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Playlist Length using the equation above:
PL = SL * #S
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
PL = 3.5 * 10 = 35 (minutes)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
average song length (min) = 3
number of songs = 20
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
PL = SL * #S = ?