Enter the number of ports, vent diameter, box volume, and tuning frequency into the calculator to determine the port length.
Port Length Formula
The following is the port length formula:
L = [ ( 2.356*10^4* D^2*N)/(V*F^2) ] * (k*D)
- Where L is the port length
- D is the vent diameter
- N is the total number of ports
- V is the volume of the box
- F is the tubing frequency
- k is the correction factor (.732)
Port Length Definition
A port length is defined as the proper length of the vent of a subwoofer.
How to calculate a port length?
- First, determine the vent diameter.
- Next, determine the total number of ports.
- Next, determine the volume of the box housing.
- Next, determine the tubing frequency.
- Finally, calculate the port length using the formula above.