Enter the total dynamic pressure and the fluid mass density into the calculator to determine the velocity.
Pressure to Velocity Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a velocity from dynamic pressure.
V = Sqrt [ (2*q/p) ]
- Where V is the velocity (m/s)
- q is the dynamic pressure (pascals)
- p is the fluid mass density (kg/m^3)
Pressure to Velocity Definition
Calculate a velocity from a dynamic pressure requires that you also know the density. Dynamic pressure arises from the movement of fluid through a volume.
Pressure to Velocity Example
How to calculate velocity from pressure?
- First, determine the dynamic pressure.
Measure the dynamic pressure of the flow.
- Next, determine the density.
Calculate the density of the fluid in movement.
- Finally, calculate the velocity.
Calculate the velocity from the dynamic pressure and density using the equation above.
Dynamic pressures are pressure differentials that arise from the flow of a fluid through a constrained area.