Enter the total pressure and the specific gravity of the fluid into the calculator to convert the pressure to head.
- All Pressure Calculators
- Volumetric Flow Rate Calculator
- Mass Flow Rate Calculator
- Water Pressure Calculator
- NPSHA Calculator
- TDH (Total Dynamic Head) Calculator
- Static Head Calculator
- Head to Pressure Calculator
Pressure to Head Formula
The following formula is used to convert a pressure to head.
h = p / .433*SG
- Where h is the head (ft)
- p is the pressure (psi)
- SG is the specific gravity of the fluid.
To calculate head from pressure, divide the pressure by .433 then multiply by the specific gravity.
Pressure to Head Definition
Converting pressure into a head is done through the division of the pressure of the specific gravity of the fluid.
Pressure to Head Example
How to convert pressure to head?
- First, determine the pressure.
Measure the total pressure in PSI.
- Next, determine the specific gravity.
Calculate or measure the specific gravity of the fluid.
- Finally, calculate the head.
Calculate the head in feet using the equation above.
A head is defined as the total height of a liquid column that exerts a certain pressure on the base of the liquid container by the fluid.