Enter the total number of units produced and the total amount of time into the Production Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Production Rate.
Production Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Production Rate.
PR = #U / T
- Where PR is the Production Rate (units/time)
- #U is the total number of units produced
- T is the total amount of time
How to Calculate Production Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Production Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of units produced.
- The total number of units produced is given as: 6.
- Next, determine the total amount of time.
- The total amount of time is provided as: 3 hours.
- Finally, calculate the Production Rate using the equation above:
PR = #U / T
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
PR = 6 / 3 = 2 (units/hour)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total number of units produced = 600
total amount of time = 20
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
PR = #U / T = ?