Enter the total amount of protein (g) into the Protein Energy Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the total energy from protein.
Protein Energy Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Protein Energy Ratio.
E = P * 4
- Where E is the Energy (kcals)
- P is the total amount of protein (g)
How to Calculate Protein Energy Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Protein Energy Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total amount of protein (g).
- The total amount of protein (g) is given as: 50.
- Finally, calculate the Protein Energy Ratio using the equation above:
E = P * 4
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
E = 50 * 4 = 200 (kcals)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total amount of protein (g) = 60
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
E = P * 4 = ?