Enter the total grams of protein (g) into the calculator to determine the Energy from Protein.
- All Energy Calculators
- Calories to Energy (Joules) Calculator
- Macro Calculator
- Grams of Fat to Calories Calculator
- Carbs to Energy Calculator
- Fat to Energy Calculator
Energy from Protein Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Energy from Protein.
E = P*4
- Where E is the Energy from Protein (kcal)
- P is the total grams of protein (g)
How to Calculate Energy from Protein?
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed in order to calculate the Energy from Protein.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total grams of protein (g). In this example, the total grams of protein (g) is measured to be 45.
- Finally, calculate the Energy from Protein using the formula above:
E = P*4 = (kcal)
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
E = 45*4 = 180 kcal
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the needed variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are provide as:
total grams of protein (g) = 40
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us:
E = 40*4 = 160 (kcal)