Enter the initial area and the final area into the Reduction of Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Reduction of Area.
- All Area Calculators
- Wound Surface Area Calculator
- BET Surface Area Calculator
- Decking Area Calculator
Reduction of Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Reduction of Area.
ROA = TR / IA * 100
- Where ROA is the Percentage Reduction of Area (%)
- IA is the initial area
- TR is the total reduction
To calculate the percent reduction of area, divide the total reduction by the initial area, then multiply by 100.
How to Calculate Reduction of Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Reduction of Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the initial area.
- The initial area is given as: 10.
- Next, determine the final area.
- The final area is provided as: 3.
- Finally, calculate the Reduction of Area using the equation above:
ROA =(IA-FA) / IA * 100
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
ROA =(10-3) / 10 * 100 = 70.00 (%)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
initial area = 6
final area = 4
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
ROA =(IA-FA) / IA * 100 = ?