Enter the output RPM and the input RPM into the RPM Gear Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the RPM Gear Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Gear Ratio Acceleration Calculator
- Gearbox Efficiency Calculator
- Worm Gear Torque Calculator
RPM Gear Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the RPM Gear Ratio.
RGR = O / I
- Where RGR is the RPM Gear Ratio (output:input)
- O is the output RPM
- I is the input RPM
How to Calculate RPM Gear Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate RPM Gear Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the output RPM.
- The output RPM is given as: 500.
- Next, determine the input RPM.
- The input RPM is provided as: 100.
- Finally, calculate the RPM Gear Ratio using the equation above:
RGR = O / I
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
RGR = 500 / 100 = 5:1 (output:input)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
output RPM = 600
input RPM = 200
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
RGR = O / I = ?