Enter the total height (in) and the total width (in) into the Size Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Size Ratio.
Size Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Size Ratio.
SR = H / W
- Where SR is the Size Ratio (height:width)
- H is the total height (in)
- W is the total width (in)
How to Calculate Size Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Size Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total height (in).
- The total height (in) is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the total width (in).
- The total width (in) is provided as: 6.
- Finally, calculate the Size Ratio using the equation above:
SR = H / W
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
SR = 5 / 6 = .833 (height:width)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total height (in) = 7
total width (in) = 8
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
SR = H / W = ?