Enter the center height and the length of the side of the pyramid to calculate the slant height.
Slant Height Formla
The following formula is used to calculate a slant height.
L = SQRT ( H^2 + (S/2)^2)
- Where L is the slant height
- S is the length of any side (Use the diameter at base for a cone.)
- H is the height from the center to the top of the pyramid
Slant Height Definition
A slant height is defined as the total length from the center of a side, traveling along the surface of a side, to the top of the pyramid or cone.
Slant Height Example
How to calculate a slant height?
- First, determine the length of one side.
Measure the length of a side.
- Next, determine the height from center to top.
Measure the height from center to tip.
- Finally, calculate the slant height.
Calculate the slant height using the formula above.
A slant height is a measure of the distance from the top of a pyramid or cone to the center of the side or a point along the base for cone.