Enter the coverage area (ft^2) and the flow density into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Sprinkler Flow Rate.
- Sprinkler Run Time Calculator
- Irrigation Frequency/Interval Calculator
- Irrigation Pressure Calculator
Sprinkler Flow Rate Formula
SFR = CA * FD
- SFR is the Sprinkler Flow Rate ()
- CA is the coverage area (ft^2)
- FD is the flow density
To calculate the Sprinkler Flow Rate, multiply the coverage area by the flow density.
How to Calculate Sprinkler Flow Rate?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Sprinkler Flow Rate.
- First, determine the coverage area (ft^2).
- Next, determine the flow density.
- Next, gather the formula from above = SFR = CA * FD.
- Finally, calculate the Sprinkler Flow Rate.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
coverage area (ft^2) = 580
flow density = 90