Enter the maximum design load and the weight of the structure into the calculator to determine the Structural Efficiency.
- All Efficiency Calculators
- Bridge Efficiency Calculator
- Maximum Allowable Working Pressure Calculator
- Live Load Calculator
- Truss Efficiency Calculator
Structural Efficiency Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Structural Efficiency.
Est = DL / W
- Where Est is the Structural Efficiency
- DL is the maximum design load
- W is the weight of the structure
How to Calculate Structural Efficiency?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Structural Efficiency.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the maximum design load. In this example, the maximum design load is given as 500.
- Next, determine the weight of the structure. For this problem, the weight of the structure is given as 300.
- Finally, calculate the Structural Efficiency using the equation above:
Est = DL / W
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation:
Est = 500 / 300 = 1.666
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as above, first define the variables required by the formula. In this case, these values are:
maximum design load = 35
weight of the structure = 60
Entering these values yields:
Est = 35 / 60 = .5833