Enter the total thrust and the velocity of a vehicle into the calculator to determine the total equivalent horsepower.
Thrust to Horsepower Formula
The following formula can be used to convert total thrust to total horsepower.
HP = T * V / 375
- Where HP is the horsepower
- T is the thrust in pound-force
- V is the velocity in miles per hour
Thrust to Horsepower Definition
Converting a thrust to a horsepower involves multiplying the total pound-force of thrust by the velocity of the object.
Thrust to Horsepower Example
How to convert thrust to horsepower?
- First, determine the total thrust.
Measure the total thrust in pounds of force.
- Next, determine the velocity.
Measure the velocity of the object in miles per hour.
- Finally, calculate the horsepower.
Calculate the horsepower using the equation above.
Horsepower is defined as a unit of power that is equal to 550 foot-pounds per second.