Enter the total thrust (N), the distance (m), and the time (s) into the calculator to determine the Power From Thrust.
- Propeller Thrust Calculator
- Thrust To Acceleration Calculator
- Thrust to Horsepower Calculator
- Pressure to Thrust Calculator
Power From Thrust Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Power From Thrust.
P = Th * D / t
- Where P is the Power From Thrust (watts)
- Th is the total thrust (N)
- D is the distance (m)
- t is the time (s)
To calculate the power from thrust, multiply the thrust by the distance, then divide by the time.
How to Calculate Power From Thrust?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Power From Thrust.
Example Problem #1
- First, determine the total thrust (N). In this example, the total thrust (N) is determined to be 100 .
- Next, determine the distance (m). For this problem, the distance (m) is measured to be 40 .
- Next, determine the time (s). In this case, the time (s) is found to be 30.
- Finally, calculate the Power From Thrust using the formula above:
P = Th * D / t
Inserting the values from above and solving yields:
P = 100 * 40 / 30 = 133.33 (watts)
Example Problem #2
Using the same method as above, determine the variables required by the formula. For this example problem, these are:
total thrust (N) = 600
distance (m) = 87
time (s) = 75
Enter these given values into the calculator or above yields:
P = 600 * 87 / 75 = 696 (watts)