Enter the total number of volt-amps (va) and the total current (amps) into the calculator to determine the Voltage from va.
- All Electrical Calculators
- ma to Voltage Calculator
- Impedance to Voltage Calculator
- Amp to Volt Calculator
Voltage from va Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Voltage from va.
V = va / I
- Where V is the Voltage from va (volts)
- va is the total number of volt-amps (va)
- I is the total current (amps)
To calculate voltage from volt-amps, simply divide the volt-amps by the current.
How to Calculate Voltage from va?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Voltage from va.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of volt-amps (va). In this example, the total number of volt-amps (va) is measured to be 125.
- Next, determine the total current (amps). For this problem, the total current (amps) is calculated to be 5.
- Finally, calculate the Voltage from va using the formula above:
V = va / I
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
V = 125 / 5 = 25 (volts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
total number of volt-amps (va) = 160
total current (amps) = 10
Entering these values into the formula above gives :
V = 160 / 10 = 16 (volts)