Enter the maximum lobe lift and the rocker ratio into the Valve Lift Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Valve Lift.
Valve Lift Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Valve Lift.
VL = LL * RR
- VL is the Valve Lift ( )
- LL is the maximum lobe lift
- RR is the rocker ratio
To calculate valve lift, multiply the maximum lobe lift by the rocker ratio.
How to Calculate Valve Lift?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Valve Lift.
- First, determine the maximum lobe lift.
- Next, determine the rocker ratio.
- Next, gather the formula from above = VL = LL * RR.
- Finally, calculate the Valve Lift.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
maximum lobe lift = 30
rocker ratio = 1.25
VL = LL * RR = ?