Enter the temperature of the air into the calculator to determine the viscosity.
Viscosity of Air Formula
The following formula can be used to calculate the viscosity of air.
u = ( b * T^(3/2)) / (T+S)
- Where u is the viscosity
- b is a constant (1.458 x 10^-6)
- T is the temperature (Kelvin)
- S is another constant (110.4)
Viscosity of Air Definition
The viscosity of air is defined as the air gasses resistance to flow and is dependent solely on the temperature.
Viscosity of Air Example
How to calculate the viscosity of air?
- First, determine the temperature.
Measure or calculate the temperature of the air in Kelvin.
- Next, determine the constants.
Determine the values of the constants b and S. (displayed above)
- Finally, calculate the viscosity.
Calculate the viscosity using the formula above.
The viscosity of air is dependent on mostly the temperature of the air.