Enter the thickness of first material and the thickness of second material into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Weld Time.
Weld Time Formula
WT = 2.361 * (T1 + T2)
- WT is the Weld Time (cycles)
- T1 is the thickness of first material
- T2 is the thickness of second material
To calculate Weld Time, add the thickness of both materials together, then multiply 2.361.
How to Calculate Weld Time?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Weld Time.
- First, determine the thickness of first material.
- Next, determine the thickness of second material.
- Next, gather the formula from above = WT = 2.361 * (T1 + T2).
- Finally, calculate the Weld Time.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
thickness of first material = 12
thickness of second material = 17