Enter the total amount of absorbance into the calculator to determine the percentage transmittance.
- Concentration from Absorbance Calculator
- Time of Concentration Calculator
- Rate of Reaction Calculator
- Optical Density Calculator
Absorbance to Transmittance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the percent transmittance from absorbance.
%T = anti-log (2 – a)
- Where %T is the percent transmittance
- a is the absorbance
Absorbance to Transmittance Definition
Converting an absorbance to transmittance involves taking the antilog of 2 minus the absorbance.
Absorbance to Transmittance Example
How to convert absorbance to transmittance?
- First, determine the absorbance.
Calculate the absorbance of the surface of the material.
- Next, calculate the transmittance.
Calculate the percent transmittance using the formula above.
Transmittance is a measure of the effectiveness of the surface of the material in transmitting radiant energy.