Enter the number of homes sold and the number of homes available into the Absorption Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Absorption Rate.
Absorption Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Absorption Rate.
AR = HS / HA
- Where AR is the Absorption Rate
- HS is the number of homes sold
- HA is the number of homes available
To calculate an absorption rate, divide the number of homes sold by the number of homes available.
How to Calculate Absorption Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Absorption Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the number of homes sold.
- The number of homes sold is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the number of homes available.
- The number of homes available is provided as: 200.
- Finally, calculate the Absorption Rate using the equation above:
AR = HS / HA
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
AR = 50 / 200 = .25
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
number of homes sold = 60
number of homes available = 180
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
AR = HS / HA = ?