Enter the total number of vacancies and the total number of open units/positions into the Vacancy Rate Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Vacancy Rate.
- All Rate Calculators
- Occupancy Rate Index Calculator
- Hotel Cost Calculator
- ADR (Average Daily Rate) Calculator
Vacancy Rate Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Vacancy Rate.
VR = V / OU * 100
- Where VR is the Vacancy Rate (%)
- V is the total number of vacancies
- OU is the total number of open units/positions
To calculate the vacancy rate, divide the number of vacancies by the total number of open positions.
How to Calculate Vacancy Rate?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Vacancy Rate.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of vacancies.
- The total number of vacancies is given as: 50.
- Next, determine the total number of open units/positions.
- The total number of open units/positions is provided as: 300.
- Finally, calculate the Vacancy Rate using the equation above:
VR = #V / #OU * 100
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
VR = 50 / 300 * 100 = 16.66 (%)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total number of vacancies = 60
total number of open units/positions = 500
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
VR = #V / #OU * 100 = ?