Enter the angular velocity and the radius into the calculator to determine the linear velocity.
- All Velocity Calculators
- Tangential Velocity Calculator
- Angular Velocity Calculator
- Radial Velocity Calculator
- RPM to Angular Velocity Calculator
- Circular Velocity Calculator
- Linear Velocity to Angular Velocity Calculator
- Frequency To Angular Velocity Calculator
Angular Velocity To Linear Velocity Formula
The following equation is used to covert angular velocity to linear velocity.
VL = VA * R
- Where VL is the linear velocity (m/s)
- VA is the angular velocity (rad/s)
- R is the radius (m)
To calculate linear velocity from angular velocity, multiply the angular speed by the radius.
How to Calculate Linear Velocity from Angular Velocity?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Linear Velocity from Angular Velocity.
First, determine the angular velocity. In this example, the angular velocity is found to be 60 rad/s.
Next, determine the radius. For this problem, the radius is found to be 100 m.
Finally, calculate the linear velocity using the formula above:
VL = VA * R
VL = 60 * 100
VL = 6000 m/s