Enter the dielectric constant into the Velocity Factor Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Velocity Factor.
- Dielectric Constant Calculator
- Interdigitated Capacitor Calculator
- Parallel Wire Capacitance Calculator
Velocity Factor Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Velocity Factor.
VF = 1 / SQRT(k)
- VF is the Velocity Factor ( )
- k is the dielectric constant
How to Calculate Velocity Factor?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Velocity Factor.
- First, determine the dielectric constant.
- Next, gather the formula from above = VF = 1 / SQRT(k).
- Finally, calculate the Velocity Factor.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
dielectric constant = 2.53
VF = 1 / SQRT(k) = ?