Enter the resonant frequency and the quality factor of a circuit into the calculator to determine the bandwidth. This calculator can also evaluate the quality factor or frequency when provided the other variables.
- Resonant Frequency Calculator
- Natural Frequency Calculator
- Q Factor Calculator
- SNR (Signal-to-Noise Ratio) Calculator
- Mbps Calculator (MB/s to Mbps Conversion)
- Transmission Delay Calculator
- 95th Percentile Bandwidth Calculator
The following formula is used to calculate a bandwidth.
BW = fc / Q
- Where BW is the bandwidth (Hz)
- fc is the resonant frequency (Hz)
- Q is the quality factor
To calculate bandwidth, divide the resonant frequency in hertz by the quality factor.
Bandwidth is a rand of frequencies within a certain band of a transmitting signal.
How to calculate bandwidth?
- First, determine the natural frequency.
Using the calculator linked above, determine the natural frequency. We will assume 25 Hz for this example.
- Next, determine the quality factor.
The quality factor for this example is found to be 5.
- Finally, calculate the bandwidth.
Using the formula above, we find the bandwidth of the system to be 25/5 = 5 Hz.