Enter the resonant frequency and the quality factor of a circuit into the calculator to determine the bandwidth.
The following formula is used to calculate a bandwidth.
BW = fc / Q
- Where BW is the bandwidth (hz)
- fc is the resonant frequency (hz)
- Q is the quality factor
A bandwidth is a rand of frequencies within a certain band of a transmitting signal.
How to calculate bandwidth?
- First, determine the natural frequency.
Using the calculator linked above, determine the natural frequency. We will assume 25 Hz for this example.
- Next, determine the quality factor.
The quality factor for this example is found to be 5.
- Finally, calculate the bandwidth.
Using the formula above, we find the bandwidth of the system to be 25/5 = 5 Hz.