Enter the battery capacity and the charge rate current into the calculator to determine the total time to charge to 100%.
- Battery Capacity Calculator (Amp Hours)
- Electric Potential Calculator
- Charge Calculator
- Battery Run Time Calculator
Battery Charge Formula
The following equation is used to calculated the battery charge time to 100% from 0%.
T = C/R
- Where T is the total time hours
- C is the capacity in mAH
- R is the rate in mA
Battery Charge Definition
A battery charge is defined as the total amount of time it takes a battery to charge from 0 to 100% or near 100%.
Battery Charge Example
How to calculate battery charge time?
- First, determine the total capacity.
Calculate the total capacity of the battery.
- Next, determine the charge rate.
Calculate the average rate of charge.
- Finally, calculate the time.
Calculate the charge time using the equation above.
The time it takes to charge a battery depends on the current being used to charge and the total size of the battery.
A battery capacity is the total amount of electrical energy a batter can hold when charged.