Enter the total battery capacity in amp hours and the energy usage in watts to calculate the total battery run time.
- Battery Capacity Calculator (Amp Hours)
- Battery Charge Calculator
- Solar Battery Bank Size Calculator
- Energy Density Calculator
Battery Run Time Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the total run time of a battery.
T = 10 * a / w
- Where T is the time in hours
- a is the amp hours (battery capacity)
- w is the power output/usage
Battery Run Time Definition
A battery run time is a total time in hours that a battery can sustain a certain power output.
Battery Run Time Example
The following is an example of how to calculate a total battery run time.
- First, determine the battery capacity. This is the total energy storage the battery can hold in amp hours. For this example we will say that value is 100 Ah.
- Next, determine the power output. This power output is also know as the usage rate and is measure in watts. We will say 50 watts for this problem.
- Finally, use the formula to calculate battery run time. 10 * 100 /50 = 20 hours.
Battery run time is the total amount of time a battery can sustain a certain power output. This run time will depends on several factors including discharge %, battery size, type of batter, and many more.
|battery run time calculator|
|battery run time formula|
|battery run time|
|how to calculate battery run time|
|battery runtime calculator|
|battery runtime calculator watts|
|12v battery run time calculator|
|how to calculate ups runtime|
|12v 7ah battery run time|
|inverter runtime calculator|
|amp hour run time calculator|
|inverter battery runtime calculator|
|how to calculate ups runtime on battery|