Enter the total battery capacity in amp hours and the energy usage in watts to calculate the total battery run time.
Battery Run Time Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the total run time of a battery.
T = 10 * a / w
- Where T is the time in hours
- a is the amp hours (battery capacity)
- w is the power output/usage
The following is an example of how to calculate a total battery run time.
- First, determine the battery capacity. This is the total energy storage the battery can hold in amp hours. For this example we will say that value is 100 Ah.
- Next, determine the power output. This power output is also know as the usage rate and is measure in watts. We will say 50 watts for this problem.
- Finally, use the formula to calculate battery run time. 10 * 100 /50 = 20 hours.
Battery run time is the total amount of time a battery can sustain a certain power output. This run time will depends on several factors including discharge %, battery size, type of batter, and many more.
|battery run time calculator|
|battery run time formula|
|battery run time|
|how to calculate battery run time|
|battery runtime calculator|
|battery runtime calculator watts|
|12v battery run time calculator|
|how to calculate ups runtime|
|12v 7ah battery run time|
|inverter runtime calculator|
|amp hour run time calculator|
|inverter battery runtime calculator|
|how to calculate ups runtime on battery|