Enter the total number of burpees performed and your bodyweight into the calculator to determine the number of calories burned.
- Push Up Calories Calculator
- Strength Training Calories Calculator
- Jump Rope Calories Calculator
- Steps to Calories Calculator
- Sleep Calories Calculator
- Calories Burned Dancing Calculator
- Sit Ups Calories Burned Calculator
Burpee Calorie Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the number of calories burned while doing burpees.
C = .5 * B * BWF
- Where C is the number of calories burned
- B is the number of burpees performed
- BWF is a body weight factor to account for the extra calories burned by larger people while doing exercise.
How many calories are burned while doing burpees?
The average number of calories burned while doing burpees is .25 – .75 calories per burpee.
There is such a wide range because the rate at which the burpees are performed and the weight of the individual both affect the number of calories burned.
For example, a person that is doing burpees as fast as they can burn more than a person taking their time doing the exercise.
How to calculate the number of calories burned while doing burpees?
The following example problem outlines the steps required to calculate the number of calories burned while doing burpees.
First, determine the total number of burpees performed in the exercise. For this example, the person performed a total of 200 burpees.
Next, determine the weight of the individual who performed the burpees. In this example, the person weighs 200 lbs.
Next, divide the weight by 150 to get the bodyweight factor. In this case, this would be 1.33.
Finally, calculate the calories burned using the formula above:
C = .5 * B * BWF
C = .5 * 200 *1.33
C = 133 calories