Enter the force generated by the wheels and the car’s mass into the calculator to determine the Car Acceleration.
- All Acceleration Calculators
- Car Speed Calculator
- HP to Torque Calculator
- Wheel Force Calculator
- Piston Acceleration Calculator
- Gear Ratio Acceleration Calculator
- Truck Acceleration Calculator
- Motorcycle Acceleration Calculator
Car Acceleration Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Car Acceleration.
CA = WF / m
- Where CA is the Car Acceleration (m/s^2)
- WF is the force generated by the wheels (N)
- m is the mass of the car (kg)
What are the units for Car Acceleration?
In the International System of Units, also known as SI units, the units for Car Acceleration are m/s^2.
How to Calculate Car Acceleration?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Car Acceleration.
First, determine the force generated by the wheels. In this example, the force generated by the wheels is calculated or measured to be 10000 (N).
Next, determine the mass of the car. For this problem, the mass of the car is determined to be 2000 (kg).
Finally, calculate the Car Acceleration using the formula above:
CA = WF / m
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
CA = 10000 / 2000 = 5 (m/s^2)