Enter the total horsepower and the RPM into the calculator to determine the total torque applied by the engine.
- All Torque Calculators
- Boost to HP Calculator
- CC to HP Calculator
- HP to Amps Calculator
- BMEP (Brake-Mean-Effective-Pressure) Calculator
- Horsepower Quarter Mile Calculator
- CFM to HP Calculator
- Average Lap Speed Calculator
- RPM to Torque Calculator
HP to Torque Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the torque from horsepower.
T = HP / (RPM / 5252)
- Where T is the torque (pound-feet)
- HP is the horsepower
- RPM is the rotations per minute
To calculate torque from HP, divide the horsepower by the value of the RPM divided by 5252.
HP to Torque Defintion
Calculating torque from horsepower includes dividing the horsepower by the RPM generated by the engine.
HP to Torque Example
How to convert hp to torque?
- First, determine the horsepower.
Measure the total engine horsepower.
- Next, determine the RPM.
Measure the RPM generated by the engine.
- Finally, calculate the torque.
Calculate the torque using the equation above.
What is RPM?
RPM stands for rotations per minute and is typically used in the field of automobiles.