Enter the population size, rate of increase of population, and the total change in population over the time period to determine the carrying capacity.
Carrying Capacity Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a carrying capacity.
K = r * N * (1-N) / CP
- Where K is the carrying capacity
- r is the rate of population increase
- N is the population size
- CP is the change in population size
Carrying Capacity Definition
A carrying capacity is defined as a constant that explains how a population grows within a certain area.
Carrying Capacity Example
How to calculate a carrying capacity?
- First, determine the rate of population increase.
Calculate the rate of population increase.
- Next, determine the total size.
Calculate the total population size.
- Next, determine the change in population size.
Calculate the total change in size.
- Finally, calculate the carrying capacity.
Calculate the carrying capacity using the formula above.
A carrying capacity is a constant used in ecology when using the logistic population growth equation.