Enter the hot water temperature, cold water temperature and wet bulb temperature into the calculator to determine the cooling tower performance.
- Cooling Tower Capacity Calculator
- LMTD (Logarithmic Mean Temperature Difference) Calculator
- Heat Exchanger Effectiveness Calculator
- COP (Coefficient of Performance Calculator)
- Cooling Tower Cycles of Concentration Calculator
Cooling Tower Performance Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Cooling Tower Performance, also known as the cooling tower efficiency.
E = (H - C ) * 100 / (H-W)
- Where E is the cooling tower performance/efficiency (%)
- H is the hot water temperature
- C is the cold water temperature
- W is the wet-bulb temperature
What is a Cooling Tower Performance?
A cooling tower performance is a measure of the efficiency a cooling tower achieves relative to the maximum thermal efficiency it could reach.
How to Calculate Cooling Tower Performance?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Cooling Tower Performance.
First, determine the hot water temperature. In this example, the hot water temperature is 50C.
Next, determine the cold water temperature. This is calculated to be 30C.
Next, determine the wet-bulb temperature. The wet-bulb temperature in this example, is 20C.
Finally, calculate the cooling tower efficiency using the formula above:
E = (H – C ) * 100 / (H-W)
E = (50 – 30 ) * 100 / (50-20)
E = 66.66%