Enter the transmission ratio, transfer case ratio, and the axle gear ratio to calculate the crawl ratio.
- Gear Reduction Calculator
- Final Drive Ratio Calculator
- Torque to Force Calculator
- Rollout Calculator
Crawl Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a crawl ratio.
CR = TR* TCR * AGR
- Where CR is the crawl ratio
- TR is the transmission ratio
- TCR is the transfer case ratio
- AGR is the axle gear ratio.
To calculate the crawl ratio, multiply the transmission ratio, transfer case ratio, and axle gear ratio together.
Crawl Ratio Definition
A crawl ratio is a measure of the number of rotations an engine makes in order to turn a tire one full rotation.
Crawl Ratio Example
How to calculate a crawl ratio?
- First, determine the transmission ratio.
Measure the transmission ratio.
- Next, determine the TCR.
Calculate the transfer case ratio.
- Next, determine the AGR.
Calculate the axle gear ratio.
- Finally, calculate the crawl ratio.
Calculate the crawl ratio using the equation above.
Normal crawl ratios on cars range from 20:1 to 30:1